Friends of Waihopai
Meeting Dates for 2020
Meetings will be advertised each month in the school newsletter and may be subject to change.
American Hot Dogs
We will be selling American Hot Dogs every Friday at a cost of $2. Please place your order at the canteen before school.
Friends of Waihopai School Inc (PTA)
We extend a warm welcome to all parents and caregivers of children new and old to our school.
Our aim, as a PTA, is to encourage interaction between parents, teachers and the community.
We are also responsible for some fundraising for specific purposes within our school during the year, the most recent being:
• Confidence Course located on the back field
• Classroom mid-winter and Christmas Activities
• Sound system, storage shelving and curtaining for the school hall
• Blackout curtains for classrooms with whiteboards
• Year 6 camp subsidy
Our most recent fundraiser was the selling of chocolate bars, which raised funds for another interactive whiteboard.
We run lunch orders (Noodles) every Friday lunchtime and School Disco’s during the year.
The Executive Committee consists of:
Chairperson Michelle Greenwood
Secretary Chris Heslin
Treasurer Carleen Witheford
Staff Rep Pam Soper
The committee consists of parents who attend the open monthly meetings, the Principal and Staff representative.
ALL PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS OF CHILDREN ATTENDING THE SCHOOL ARE AUTOMATICALLY MEMBERS OF THE PTA
HOW CAN YOU HELP???
- We always need helpers on both school crossings – Kelvin Street before and after school and Herbert Street before school.
- Helping on the Friday lunchtime – 12.15-1.00pm approx.
- SUPPORT OUR MONTHLY MEETINGS